How to deal with the family on a cruise ship trip
In normal circumstances we will all admit that we love our family dearly. They are the people that we have grown up with and they tend to understand us better than anyone else. However some of the most virulent arguments ever are the ones that involve family members. The cruise ship trip is a long journey and if you do not take the time to handle the family well you could end up on silent terms during the journey home. Here are a few tips that can help you to maintain some sanity on the holiday:
- Discipline issues should be handled by the parents or nearest guardian. Picture this scenario where the children are going wild and you are on a cruise to the Bahamas. The parents decide that they are not going to do anything about it. The instinct would be to resolve the problem but in reality it is often easier to just ignore it. You should only intervene if the children are a danger to themselves or the other members of the family. Even then you should always involve the parents or the responsible guardian. That will make for a pleasant cruise ship trip,
- Try not to interfere in the private lives of grown relatives. Once they are eighteen then there is very little that you can do about their personalities. You simply develop coping mechanisms to ensure that they do not drive you mad. If you try to correct them retrospectively you might end up being hated with a vengeance. It is not worth your time to go through some sort of correctional procedure on the cruise ship trip. What is done is done, as Lady Macbeth would say.
- Separate the teenagers from the group if you are to have peace. There is something that happens to teenagers on the cruise ship trip and you really have no adequate explanation for it. They might become very moody and uncooperative. You just have to ensure that they are safe. They will normally organize their own entertainment in due course.
- Make sure that the elderly members of the cruise ship trip are not forgotten. As you plan all the energetic activities you should ensure that there are people that are less capable of physical tasks. You should take them into consideration and make arrangements for their entertainment on the cruise ship trip.
- Everyone should contribute their fair share to the cruise ship trip. This will prevent all the arguments about money. You should agree what the budget is and then ensure that all activities are transparent. On the practical side of things you should try to live in separate cabins if you can afford it.
- Take all the accidents in good spirit with a sense of humor. They are normally character building experiences and you should be able to survive them. Not everything will go according to plan and you should not fret if his inevitably happens on the cruise ship trip.